The Amida USA Organization
Amida USA is a church (with non-profit/public charity status) based in Hawai'i. Its mission is to help make available the teachings of Amida-shu Pureland Buddhism through-out the United States and to support the growth and development of individuals/groups in their understanding and practice of Amida-shu Pureland Buddhism. We aim to meet this goal in a number of ways including (though not limited to):
• Maintaining a web presence
• Providing various resources (distributing the Running Tide periodical of Amida-shu and selected Dharma Talks on CD/MP3)
• Organizing teaching tours in and around North America by Dharmavidya and other Senior Order Members
• On-going planning via the Amida USA Steering Committee and Amida USA Board of Directors
• Spiritual networking via the internet...please visit us at AmidaUSA Facebook Page and “like” us.
Amida USA Board Members:
• Shantikara Franco Acquaro (Board President, Treasurer, and Webmaster)
• Steve Berkoff (Secretary)
• Michelle Medeiros
• Jan Wizinowich
Amida USA Sanghas
Starting Your Own Amida-shu Sangha
Amida USA encourages all who are interested in Pureland Buddhism to establish a Sangha in their locale. You do not need a large number of members, only the desire to practice with your fellow Buddhists. All you need is a group of your fellow practitioners and a commitment to meeting and practicing on a regular basis. Please contact us for information on how to establish your own Sangha.